October 2015: Middle-grade novel Forest Secrets published.
When 11-year old Daisy befriends a lost forest creature she sets off on an adventure to save all tree people from destruction.
September 2015: Honorable Mention in L. Ron Hubbard’s “Writers of the Future” contest.
2014: Altrusa Grant Recipient to create anti-bullying videos.
January 9, 2013: Awarded a Curriculum Project Grant from Santa Barbara County Superintendent of Schools, William J. Cirone, for a student mediation program titled, “Dolphin Detours.” Kids stop bullies, mediate arguments, and teach peace on campus.
- Amazon Reviews of ghost written book Dean and JoJo in December 2012. An average 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Janine Klieber of Berlin says, “It is really wonderful written and I very much hope that there will be more adventures of Dean and JoJo.”
- Impact II Instructional Strategy Team Coach Grant recipient for 2012 for leadership as a peace consultant.
Summer 2012: Published the middle grade book Artania: The Pharaohs’ Cry available on Amazon.
Spring 2012: The ghostwritten, Dean and JoJo, published in Germany. This book is the true story of one man’s lifelong friendship and advocacy for a wild dolphin named JoJo.
December 19, 2011: Hosted webinar for Teachers Without Borders titled Alternatives to Bullying and Intolerance.
Spring 2011: Ms. Woodward’s peace curriculum with anti-bullying lessons added to the Dean and JoJo Resolutions DVD.
- Santa Barbara County Education Office Care and Share Grant recipient for 2011 for an anti-bullying campaign.
- Panelist for San Luis Obispo Nightwriter’s critique session helping authors of children’s fiction, fantasy novels, and other genres to hone their work. Fall 2011.
Spring 2010: Featured article in Santa Maria Sun titled “Respect” about Laurie’s peace program.
- Published poetry in A Hudson View Poetry Digest in 2010.
- Published poetry in the book Tales from the Corner in 2006.